Monday, May 23, 2011

Caffeine and you.

I know we all do it. You are just as guilty as I am.
We chug cup after cup of coffee. Can after can of energy drinks and sodas. But, by doing so, we are not achieving optimal caffeine usage.

I have found, from extensive "research", that if you drink a cup of water for every or every other cup of coffee you drink, it gives you a better "caffeine high". How come?
When you drink caffeine based beverages, your body treats it as a diuretic. Therefore you essentially start to dehydrate slightly. The more caffeine you consume, the more water you should consume to make up the difference. Also, you'll need this additional water for your brain to handle the added "workload" the caffeine induces. Also, the toxins produced from caffeine breakdown need to get out somehow. Adding that little extra water will enhance your performance immensely.

Also, if you are going for purely brain performance, look for products (energy drinks, tablets, ect.) containing vinpocetine and/or Huperzine A (which can be kind of pricy by itself). The best product I've found, which I use myself, is Focus Factor. It has all of this in it, with very little caffeine. Therefore I take a 2 tablet dose every morning with a cup of water right before I drink my first cup of coffee. After about a week of this, my brain feels overclocked! It's insane. But not jittery like pure caffeine can do. Try it out. You can thank me later. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

HyperSmash